corders in the hague

It's like having the Corders round for dinner - except the kids don't smash stuff and Mike doesn't drink all your booze. And when you're bored you can get rid of us with a mouse click rather than having to start tidying up the house.

My Photo
Name:
Location: The Hague, Netherlands

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Clouds clear


I am a bore about how beautiful Australia's landscape is, but you have to hand it to the Europeans: they know how to do mountains. After days of low-hanging cloud, I woke up yesterday to clear blue skies and a view of the mountains towering over the valley my hotel is in. The village of Leogang definitely looks prettier in sunlight. This is the view from my balcony.
I then went to Innsbruck to watch Russia get hammered 4-1 by Spain. By match time, a heavy thunderstorm was rolling around the mountains that ring the city. With lightning flashing around, I had to climb a temporary metal scaffolding staircase five floors to the press tribune. It didn't feel safe.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home